Leyland Festival has revealed its full musical line up as the final countdown begins to the return of the town’s biggest event on Thursday 2nd June.
From noon until early evening, Worden Park will be set rocking to soul, pop, classical and acoustic sounds across three stages.
The day’s 16 performances will culminate with one of the best voices in British soul music, Kenny Thomas. Kenny is one of the UK’s most successful UK soul singers, who has been twice BRIT-Award Nominated and had eight Top 40 singles and two Top 10 records on Chrysalis Records. He’s a multi-platinum selling artist and his most famous album ‘Voices’ is 30 years old this year which sold more than a million copies worldwide and went double platinum in the first two weeks alone. Kenny will be performing a playback solo set at this year’s festival.
Taking to the Main Stage ahead of Kenny Thomas, Pete Valentine will deliver a high energy show bursting with George Michael and Wham! hits, from Faith and I’m Your Man to Careless Whisper and Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go. Valentine is widely regarded amongst the best George Michael tribute acts in the country and has been entertaining sell-out crowds with his magnetic performances since 2007.
DJ Des Grant, resident DJ at Blackpool’s North Pier and the main DJ for Butlin’s Soul Weekender, will play the best of 70s, 80s and 90s soul, RnB, Motown and more. Des has worked with a stellar line up of stars, including Rick Astley, Billy Ocean, Bananarama and The Osmonds.
International singer Gemma-Louise Doyle is a versatile act whose sets can include pop, jazz, rock, power ballads, Motown and everything in between. She has performed with megastars, including Jimmy Osmond, Ed Sheeran, McFly and The Kaiser Chiefs at prestigious events across the globe.
Fans of local, live music will recognise Will & Ben from their performances in bars, pubs and events across the region. The acoustic duo will bring pop and indie favourites to the stage in their unique acoustic style, sure to have festival-goers swaying and dancing when they take to the Main Stage.
The full line up for Leyland Festival is as follows:
- 12.00 – 12.30 – Kev Jameson (Local artist)
- 12.30 – 1.00 – Just Giorge (Local artist)
- 1.00 – 1.30 – Connor Banks (Local artist)
- 1.30 – 2.00 – Will & Ben (Local artist)
- 2.00 – 2.40 – Gemma-Louise Doyle (International singer & music artist)
- 2.40 – 3.25 – DJ Des Grant (DJ set)
- 3.30 – 4.15 – Pete Valentine (George Michael tribute act)
- 4.30 – 5.30 – Kenny Thomas (Headline act)
Queen’s Garden Stage
- 12.35 – 1.20 – Grace Handyside
- 1.30 – 2.15 – Four-piece string orchestra
- 2.25 – 3.15 – James Christy
- 3.30 – 4.15 – Four-piece string orchestra
Worden Motor Village
- 12.30 – 1.30 – Martin ‘Soul’ Deacon (DJ set)
- 1.40 – 2.30 – Kev Jameson
- 2.40 – 3.40 – Martin ‘Soul’ Deacon (DJ set)
- 3.50 – 4.30 – Light music
Martin Carlin, chairman and artist booker for Leyland Festival, said: “We’ve pulled together an eclectic and exciting mix of acts for this year’s festival. There’s truly something for everyone; the perfect line up to soundtrack the festival’s grand return to the town. We know we’ll have people dancing away with this musical feast and we can’t wait for an expected crowd of 15,000 people to join together to enjoy pop, rock, dance, indie and orchestral classics as a community.”